Monday, December 10, 2012

Rainy night randomness

Raising taxes on the wealthy will not grow the economy.  It will not lower unemployment. And it sure as hell will not prevent the government from spending like drunken college kids at spring break.  It will only grant some false gratification to the bitter, jealous, whiny crybabies infesting this country.  John Fitzgerald Kennedy's approach to taxes is the only way to approach this: Cut everyone's taxes and the economy will get better. And when the economy is strong, the government collects more tax dollars.

The liberal hypocrisy rears its ugly head again in Michigan.  It seems the loony libs are only pro-choice when it comes to baby killing.  When it comes to joining a union, then you don't deserve a choice.

I hate the song "Little Drummer Boy" and it seems to be following me.  That song has played in the last three stores I have entered.

Italian dressing is a great marinade for both pork and chicken.

A lot of talent was born on my birthday, December 9.  There are two Olympic medalists, an Oscar winner (who is also a Golden Globe and Oliver winner), another Golden Globe winner, an Emmy winner, a Grammy winner and two NFL Hall of Famers with whom I share a birthday.  Additionally, there are also two Oscar nominees, a Grammy nominee and and Emmy nominee in the group.  Hopefully one day, I achieve something worthy of mentioning on that list.

Now, I am a former union member.  (SEIU1199P)  I hated my time in a union.  It pissed me off that just because of some stupid contract the most incompetent and lazy people in my department were not only able to keep their job, but received the same raise as me. ALL raises should be based upon job performance.  People who show up late twice a month with a hangover or can't follow a written recipe should not be allowed to remain employed.  I understand not all union employees are apathetic and lazy.  But what motivation is there to go above and beyond or become better  when you are guaranteed a raise just for showing up and doing the bare minimum?  The bottom line is unions have outlived their usefulness.

Everyone involved in this NHL labor dispute needs kicked in the ass.

Labyrinth is still great each time I watch it.

No NBA team should be called the Pelicans.  That's a name for a Division II school's team.

The best part about this time of year is all the peppermint flavored stuff you can buy.

Goodnight everyone.  And remember, if you cannot be a poet, be the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment